Two people have died after a fire broke out in a St. Albans, WV home Wednesday around 2 p.m. The fire happened on Benedict Circle.
The fire marshal on scene said that the victims are a middle-aged man and woman, and that both were deceased when crews arrived at the scene. The response time, according to fire investigators, was less than three minutes.
The cause of the fire was a lit cigarette on the living room couch, according to the fire marshal. The fire is not suspicious.
Both the Nitro and St. Albans fire departments responded to the call. The investigation was a joint effort between the State Fire Marshal's Office and the St. Albans Police Department.
The names of the victims have no been released.
P.O. Box 509
Ghent, WV 25843
Main (304) 787-5959